City is setting budgeting for the next 2 years!
6:00 Welcome Mayor
6:05 Process, Current Goals, Measure Y Priorities and Fiscal Outlook City Manager/
Interim Finance & IT Director
6:30 Public Comment
1. Members of public who desire to speak complete public comment cards and indicate topic.
Where a group has several members present, we encourage them to select a spokesperson and
have others in their group indicate support for the same position with a show of hands.
2. We invite each speaker to address:
a. What do you recommend as a Major City Goal?
b. Why is it important to you and the City?
c. How do you suggest that it might be accomplished?
3. Facilitator calls upon a speaker and identifies general topic.
4. Department Head in the budget category for the topic steps up to write the idea on a flip chart
sheet and clarifies any linkages with existing programs or plans.
5. Staff posts the public comment in the relevant budget category.
6. All participants provided with half-page “post-its” to note any suggestions or concerns about
8:40 Closing remarks Mayor
8:45 Participants Vote on Top Priorities with Dots (no more than 1 green and orange dot per item)
• Prepare handouts on budget process; current goals & objectives and Measure Y Priorities; and
Community Priorities Survey results.
• Set up the room with posting area for each of the budget categories.
• Provide participants with half-page post-its.
• After receiving public comments, provide the following adhesive dots per attendee: 6 orange for top
Measure Y priorities and 6 green for overall goal priorities.